With an address in Saint Paul, Minnesota, Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii is just one of 31 facilities in the city. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most impressive nursing homes we found. Receiving an A+ in our rating system requires first-rate performance across the board. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the three highest graded facilities in Saint Paul. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it received one of our best grades in that area with an A+. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care score. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is typically a meaningful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii?
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this nursing home was awarded a dominant grade of A in our long-term care area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its nursing score. This rounded out an elite profile. Nursing grades are largely based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving residents even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Walker Methodist Westwood Ridge Ii, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.28 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 9.41 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita0.2 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis0.35 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita2.95 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita4.12 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita4.12 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Home Program of Davita - Hemo Unit4.12 miles away555 Park Street Suite 210, Hemo Unit Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 4 (651) 221-0896
- Davita Phalen Dialysis4.31 miles away863 Arcade St Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 776-0466
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul4.42 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847