Waldon Health Care Center is a very-large facility in Kenner, Louisiana. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our ratings, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Waldon Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best grades in that area with an A. Inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a favorable grade in long-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this area, which happens to be one of our higher grades. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 68.167206 percent of its patients. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Waldon Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development is the F this nursing home was given in the category of short-term care. Short-term care scores are important for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its poor score in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this nursing home offers significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility's worst area is nursing, which is the final area we analyzed. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category. Even with multiple acceptable scores in other categories, this grade is still disappointing so we felt obligated to make sure you are aware. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Waldon Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Waldon Health Care Center, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Waldon Health Care Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Waldon Health Care Center, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which had a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Waldon Health Care Center, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Waldon Health Care Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Waldon Health Care Center, 1.48% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Waldon Health Care Center, 89.54% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Waldon Health Care Center, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Waldon Health Care Center, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Waldon Health Care Center, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Waldon Health Care Center, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Waldon Health Care Center, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Waldon Health Care Center, 64.63% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Ochsner Medical Center-KennerAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away180 West Esplanade Avenue Kenner Louisiana 70065Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 468-4806
- East Jefferson General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.63 miles away4200 Houma Blvd Metairie Louisiana 70006Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 454-4000
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.72 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- St Charles Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away1057 Paul Maillard Road Luling Louisiana 70070Government - Hospital District or Authority(985) 785-3644
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Fkc - Kenner Home Therapies1.31 miles away3409 Williams Blvd, Suite 2 Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 6 (504) 305-1980
- Fmcna - Kenner Dialysis1.61 miles away2717 Decatur St Kenner Louisiana 70062Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 469-1075
- Davita - Chateau Dialysis1.94 miles away720 Village Rd Kenner Louisiana 70065Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 469-2796
- Davita - Kenner Reg Dialysis2.6 miles away200 W Esplanade Ste 100 Kenner Louisiana 70065CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (504) 471-0931
- Fmcna - Ochsner-St Charles2.76 miles away150 James Dr East Ste 110 Saint Rose Louisiana 70087Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 712-5454
- Fmcna - Metairie3.47 miles away4425 Utica St Metairie Louisiana 70006CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (504) 455-5535
- Metairie Kidney Ctr4.47 miles away4424 Conlin St Ste 1a Metairie Louisiana 70006Dialysis Stations: 8 (504) 887-8319
- Fmcna - Ochsner North Arnoult4.68 miles away3030 N Arnoult Rd, Ste A Metairie Louisiana 70002Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 457-3498