Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living is one of just a few facilities in Wadsworth, Ohio. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this nursing home outperformed its overall score in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in this area with an A+. Inspection scores are tied to many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
This facility's second best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing score is primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Does this page answer your questions about Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third highest category score in the category of long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinates 95.93023 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care, which is this facility's least impressive category. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this area, which is obviously very concerning. In forming our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.4 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 20.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wadsworth Pointe Assisted Living, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.52 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Lodi Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.94 miles away225 Elyria Street Lodi Ohio 44254Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 948-1222
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.25 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Wooster Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.84 miles away1761 Beall Avenue Wooster Ohio 44691Government - Local(330) 263-8100
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis3 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies5.53 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Fmc - Akron West6.76 miles away3558 Ridgewood Rd Akron Ohio 44333Dialysis Stations: 6 (330) 668-6200
- Fmc - Medina County Kidney Center7.45 miles away3995 Medina Road #150 Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 764-1019
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis8.34 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis8.71 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc White Pond8.75 miles away690 White Pond Dr., Suite 101 Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 835-9047
- Davita Medina Square Dialysis9.02 miles away740 North Court Street Medina Ohio 44256Dialysis Stations: 8 (330) 721-7824