Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital is a small nursing home located in Riverside, California. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is among the top scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. Despite Riverside offering 19 nursing homes to choose from, this facility managed to stand out as a superb option. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its long-term care score. We discuss long-term care in the next section
Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.484535 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of C. Even though this ended up being its worst category score, this is still not the end of the world. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. It doesn't look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients that have had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vista Pacifica Convalescent Hospital, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center3.07 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.08 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana4.36 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis5.98 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Fontana6.08 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 9985 Sierra Avenue Mob-3 Fontana California 92335Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 427-4253
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center6.1 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Van Buren Dialysis6.24 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC6.25 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930