Vista Pacifica Center is in the large metropolitan area of Riverside, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a solid score. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Riverside. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Vista Pacifica Center
- Nursing Home
- For people with disabilities
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Vista Pacifica Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is long-term care, where this facility was given a B- in this category. In calculating our long-term care grades, we scrutinize the assistance with daily living offered to a nursing home's residents. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.36842 percent of its residents, which is more than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a decent short-term care grade of C. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vista Pacifica Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vista Pacifica Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vista Pacifica Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vista Pacifica Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vista Pacifica Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vista Pacifica Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vista Pacifica Center, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vista Pacifica Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vista Pacifica Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Vista Pacifica Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vista Pacifica Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center3.07 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.09 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana4.35 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis5.97 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Fontana6.07 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 9985 Sierra Avenue Mob-3 Fontana California 92335Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 427-4253
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center6.09 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC6.24 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Van Buren Dialysis6.25 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466