Vista Manor Nursing Center turns out to be one of a multitude of options you can choose from in San Jose, California. After receiving an overall grade of A, this nursing home is one of the most impressive facilities we looked at. This proved to be better than most of the facilities in San Jose, which boasts a good selection of nursing homes. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Vista Manor Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
120 Jose Figueres Avenue,
San Jose CA 95116
61.11% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in San Jose, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in San Jose, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A+. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Vista Manor Nursing Center?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. We gave this facility one of our better scores in this area, with a B. Even though this was not as high as several of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless a fine grade. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vista Manor Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vista Manor Nursing Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 8.15 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 8.37 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Satellite Dialysis San Jose0.08 miles away2121 Alexian Drive San Jose California 95116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (408) 258-8720
- Satellite Dialysis White Road1.2 miles away1450 S White Road #30 San Jose California 95127CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 272-9810
- Davita Eastridge Dialysis1.6 miles away3501 E Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95122Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 239-0466
- Tully Dialysis Center3.17 miles away1290 Tully Rd Suite 80 San Jose California 95122CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 993-8959
- Davita Silicon Valley Home Training3.27 miles away725 Ridder Park Dr., Ste 50 San Jose California 95131Dialysis Stations: 8 (408) 392-0239
- Davita Silicon Valley Dialysis3.27 miles away725 Ridder Park., Ste 10 San Jose California 95131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (408) 392-0390
- Kaiser Permanente - Skyport3.86 miles away1721 Technology Drive Dept #245 San Jose California 95110Dialysis Stations: 1 (408) 436-4300
- Satellite Dialysis Silver Creek4.28 miles away1620 East Capitol Expressway San Jose California 95121CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (408) 754-3400