Vista Del Sol Care Center is a small facility located in Los Angeles, California. Sporting an overall rating of B, this nursing home proved to be a slightly superior option to most of the nursing homes in Los Angeles. Even in a city featuring 75 nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a quality selection. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its nursing score, which you can find in the next section.
Vista Del Sol Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are with patients and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Another quality feature for this facility is that it was given an impressive long-term care score. Indeed, this wound up being its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a B. When nursing homes receive this type of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Vista Del Sol Care Center?
We also found that this nursing home has earned favorable inspections in recent years. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is better than many facilities in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care. This facility was awarded a grade of B- in this category. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to formulate a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vista Del Sol Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vista Del Sol Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.8 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis0.83 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.52 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood3.43 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC3.73 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center3.77 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis3.8 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Mar Vista3.97 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900