Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Berlin, New Jersey. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is one of the best nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we ranked this nursing home number 10 in the United States. This puts it in the top one percent of all nursing homes. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually perfect. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 97.38806 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When computing our nursing scores, we factor in both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, this nursing home was given another A+ for its short-term care grade. This wrapped up an incredible report card of four A+'s. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is frequently a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Berlin Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 6.93 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.95 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.67 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.96 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Fkc Liberty Berlin Dc1.22 miles away30 Tansboro Road Berlin New Jersey 08009CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 809-0036
- Fmc Winslow5.09 miles away510 Williamstown Rd Unit 2a Sicklerville New Jersey 08081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 728-2811
- Usrc Voorhees LLC5.38 miles away1000 Haddonfield Berlin Road Suite 100 Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 545-9010
- Fkc Voorhees5.61 miles away201 Laurel Oak Rd Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Voorhees5.71 miles away201 Laurel Oak Road Suite A Voorhees New Jersey 08043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (856) 566-5460
- Fkc Marlton6.89 miles away957 Route 73 South Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 988-1060
- Usrc Marlton7.67 miles away9 Eves Drive Suite 170 Marlton New Jersey 08053Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 355-8996
- Fkc Sewell8.02 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990