Villages at Historic Silvercrest The is a small facility located in New Albany, Indiana. With an A overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the United States. At the end of the day, this facility would be a great choice for most people. This place also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Villages at Historic Silvercrest The
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
1809 Old Vincennes Road,
New Albany IN 47150
84.64% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection grade. This score is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also excelled in our short-term care area. In fact, it received a score of A for that category. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Villages at Historic Silvercrest The?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, this facility was awarded an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a score of A- in this area. Facilities that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
The final category we scored was nursing, where this facility was given a B+. This topped off a very impressive profile. Not many facilities earned a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villages at Historic Silvercrest The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 14.48% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 91.03% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villages at Historic Silvercrest The, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.78 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 13.93 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Fmc - Floyd County3.62 miles away807 Talaina Place New Albany Indiana 47150CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (812) 944-3265
- Davita Portland Dialysis3.89 miles away2118 Portland Ave Louisville Kentucky 40212Dialysis Stations: 13 (502) 776-4371
- Fmc - West Louisville4.33 miles away2600 West Broadway Suite 112 Louisville Kentucky 40211Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 772-7363
- Fmc - Southern Indiana4.55 miles away810 Eastern Blvd Clarksville Indiana 47129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 288-7638
- Davita - Spring Street5.33 miles away1601 Spring Street Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 284-2098
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis5.58 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059
- Fmc - Louisville5.84 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street5.88 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314