Village Point is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Monroe Township, New Jersey. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is undoubtedly a superb nursing home. You really can't do much better than this place. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category grades, which are equally impressive as its overall rating.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Monroe Township, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Monroe Township, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Monroe Township, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Arguably the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are typically employed to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Village Point?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. Adding to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in that area. In fact, it received a of A in the area. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.68852 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is often a dangerous condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to our fourth area, this facility also performed admirably in the nursing category. We awarded it an A in this category. This finalized truly elite profile. In determining our nursing scores, we assess both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Village Point Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Village Point, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Village Point, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Village Point, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained a UTI. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Village Point, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Village Point, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Village Point, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Village Point, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Village Point, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Village Point, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Village Point, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Village Point, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Village Point, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Village Point, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.26 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 15.57 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.56 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Monroe Township Dialysis2.01 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci Monroe2.09 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe2.28 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Davita East Brunswick5.08 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Freehold Dialysis6.8 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Dci North Brunswick Dialysis Ctr7.97 miles away105 North Center Dr North Brunswick New Jersey 08902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (732) 940-8368
- Davita Franklin Park Dialysis8.8 miles away3079 State Route 27 Unit H Franklin Park New Jersey 08823Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 305-7855
- Davita Plainsboro8.99 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550