Located in Longwood, Florida, Village on the Green is one of just three available nursing homes there. It looks like this nursing home is one of the highest-rated nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Florida. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Village on the Green
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall grade, we gave this facility an A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded multiple A+ category scores. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Village on the Green?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is long-term care. Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in that category. In fact, it received a of A in the area. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home finished off a very impressive profile. When determining our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Village on the Green Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Village on the Green, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Village on the Green, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Village on the Green, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Village on the Green, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Village on the Green, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Village on the Green, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Village on the Green, 94.61% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Village on the Green, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Village on the Green, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Village on the Green, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Village on the Green, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Village on the Green, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth Fish MemorialAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away1055 Saxon Blvd Orange City Florida 32763Voluntary non-profit - Church(386) 917-5000
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Longwood1.96 miles away745 W Sr 434 Ste A Longwood Florida 32750Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 332-4448
- Bma - North Orlando2.73 miles away750 S North Lake Blvd Ste 1024 Altamonte Springs Florida 32701Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 831-7070
- Apopka Dialysis2.99 miles away640 Executive Park Court Apopka Florida 32703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 389-8980
- West Orange Maitland Dialysis Center LLC4.36 miles away7960 Forrest City Rd Suite 105 Orlando Florida 32810Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 297-8408
- Casselberry Dialysis4.41 miles away4970 South Us Hwy 17-92 Casselberry Florida 32707Dialysis Stations: 20 (321) 207-7135
- Nxstage Orlando North5.69 miles away174 State Road 436 #d102 Casselberry Florida 32707Dialysis Stations: 13 (407) 754-0338
- Orlando North Dialysis6.45 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998
- Lake Mary Dialysis7.2 miles away39 Skyline Dr #1001 Lake Mary Florida 32746CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 833-8667