Village Manor is a small nursing home in Troutdale, Oregon. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Troutdale. This facility's only redeeming feature was its inspection grade, which you can find more information on below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2060 Ne 238th Drive,
Troutdale OR 97060
93.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a horrible overall score, we gave it an A- for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its long-term care score, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated only 86.36363 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.86 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Village Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our short-term care category. It received a lowly F in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services To provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. With a score this poor for this category, we weren't surprised to discover this facility was well below average in multiple staffing areas we looked at. The facility offered substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home really did not fare well here either. With a very poor grade of F in nursing, this is really as bad as it gets. When computing a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are with residents and the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provided just 1.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at a few quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place was above average in two of the data points we focus on, with solid marks for avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally good indicators of the quality of nursing care available.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Village Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Village Manor, 8.71% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Village Manor, 2.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Village Manor, 2.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Village Manor, 15.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Village Manor, 12.16% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Village Manor, 5.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Village Manor, 93.41% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Village Manor, 13.96% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Village Manor, 23.95% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Village Manor, 1.06 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Village Manor, 23.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood1.33 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis2.14 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Gresham Dialysis Center2.78 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Portland Gateway Dialysis5.84 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Fmc Maywood Park6.09 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic6.13 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center6.64 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver7.8 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323