Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in New York, New York. This nursing home received an extremely impressive overall rating of A, making it ranked among the three highest graded facilities in the city. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this place. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility was given a high-end score of A in our short-term care category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is considered to be a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this nursing home was given a high-end long-term care score. Although this isn't nearly as good as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of the more impressive scores we offer. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 90 percent of its patients. This is slightly lower than we were hoping for. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who had falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.6% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 91.89% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Village Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for New York, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? New York, New York has 15 other nursing homes
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles awayFirst Avenue at 16th Street New York New York 10003Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 420-2000
- Bellevue Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away462 First Avenue New York New York 10016Government - Local(212) 562-4141
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Brooklyn Hospital Center - Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away121 Dekalb Avenue Brooklyn New York 11201Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 250-8000
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.0.7 miles away510-526 Avenue of the Americas Sub Cellar New York New York 10011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (212) 675-6880
- Chinatown Dialysis Center Inc0.74 miles away213 Hester St. 2nd Floor New York New York 10013CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (212) 925-0404
- Avantus Irving Place Dialysis Center0.93 miles awayIrving Place Dialysis 120 East 16th Street 6th Floor New York New York 10003CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (646) 602-6950
- Lower Manhattan Dialysis Center Ii1.08 miles away187 3rd Ave New York New York 10003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (212) 388-0095
- River Renal Services, LLC1.84 miles away462 First Avenue - Hosp Bldg 5 North New York New York 10016Dialysis Stations: 18 (212) 839-0700
- Lower Manhattan Dialysis Center1.93 miles away323 E 34th St New York New York 10016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (212) 889-1082
- Hamilton Pk Dialysis Center1.96 miles away328 Ninth Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 516-7700
- Fmc Hoboken Dialysis Ctr2.3 miles away1600 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Dialysis Stations: 16 (201) 656-7500