Village Care Center is a nursing home in Erlanger, Kentucky, which has a population of 27,345 people. This is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable grade. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Erlanger senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a strong nursing home is that it earned a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A for our long-term care grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 93.20388 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Village Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third highest area we gave this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a C. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Switching gears to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in our nursing category. This was the nursing home's least impressive category grade. Naturally, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall grade a bit. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are with patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Although this nursing home's nursing hours were below average, it actually surprised us in some of the qualitative statistics in this category. In particular, we were pleased to find that its patients appear to be sustaining fewer pressure ulcers than the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Village Care Center, 5.91% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Village Care Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Village Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Village Care Center, 18.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Village Care Center, 9.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Village Care Center, 5.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Village Care Center, 95.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Village Care Center, 11.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Village Care Center, 16.35% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Village Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Village Care Center, 16.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Village Care Center, 6.89% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Village Care Center, 66.42% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Erlanger, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Erlanger, Kentucky has 3 other nursing homes
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 2.12 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 9.23 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Fmc - Edgewood0.63 miles away210 Thomas More Parkway Suite 1 Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 331-0167
- Davita - Crestview Hills Dialysis1.8 miles away400 Centre View Blvd Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Dialysis Stations: 20 (859) 341-5561
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis2.77 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training2.77 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Fmc - Boone County2.78 miles away7205 Dixie Highway Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 525-1060
- Davita - 12th St. Covington Dialysis5.2 miles away1500 James Simpson Jr. Way, Ste. 1100 Covington Kentucky 41011Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 261-4345
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis6.1 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Davita - South Hill Dialysis7.53 miles away525 Alexandria Pike Suite 120 Newport Kentucky 41071Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 442-5539