Villa Springfield is in Springfield, Ohio, a city with a total of 101,826 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Springfield. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall grade, we awarded this nursing home an A for its inspection grade. This score is far better than its overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Springfield?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best area is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In determining these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The last area we assessed is nursing, which ended up being this facility's least impressive category. We awarded this facility a D in that category. Sadly, this grade pulled down the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Springfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Springfield, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who have pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Springfield, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Springfield, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Springfield, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Springfield, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Springfield, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Springfield, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Springfield, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Springfield, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Villa Springfield, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Springfield, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Springfield, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Springfield, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Springfield, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Springfield, Ohio has 10 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Mercy Health - Urbana HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 10.22 miles away904 Scioto Street Urbana Ohio 43078Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 653-5231
- Madison HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.4 miles away210 North Main Street London Ohio 43140Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 845-7000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.85 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.96 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Davita - Midwest Springfield Dialysis1.28 miles away2200 N Limestone Street Suite 104 Springfield Ohio 45503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 390-3125
- Davita - National Trail Dialysis3.78 miles away171 S Tuttle Road Springfield Ohio 45505Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 328-7399
- Davita - Midwest Urbana Dialysis10.3 miles away1430 u.s.hwy 36 E., Suite A Urbana Ohio 43078Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 484-4600
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis14.98 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Fmc - Dayton Regional Dialysis - North17.78 miles away7211 Shull Road Dayton Ohio 45424CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (937) 237-2000
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of London19.06 miles away306 Lafayette St. Suite J London Ohio 43140Dialysis Stations: 13 (740) 845-1594
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis19.35 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita Huber Heights Dialysis19.83 miles away7769 Old Country Court Dayton Ohio 45424Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 237-0769