Villa Siena is one of just a few available facilities in Mountain View, California. With an overall score of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all facilities in the nation. The best part of this facility's strong profile was its long-term care rating. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Mountain View, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled in long-term care. We gave them an A+ in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. Inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Siena?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care, which is this facility's worst area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. Nevertheless, we wouldn't judge this facility based only on one bad category, since it received multiple superb grades in other categories. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Siena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Siena, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Siena, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Siena, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Siena, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Siena, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Siena, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Siena, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Siena, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Siena, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Siena, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 5.3 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Wellbound of Mountain View0.97 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View0.97 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Davita El Camino Dialysis1.19 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale4.01 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis5.16 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.56 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- San Jose at Home6.74 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center6.79 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103