Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility is a small non-profit facility located in Hialeah, Florida. This facility is among the top facilities we found. Receiving an A+ in our grading system requires excellent marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility number 260 in the country. This puts it in the top two percentile of all facilities. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
8850 Nw 122 St,
Hialeah FL 33018
87.4% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hialeah, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hialeah, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Hialeah, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Very few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its short-term care score. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care score, with an A. This completed a straight A report card. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Maria West Skilled Nursing Facility, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Hialeah, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Hialeah, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Memorial Hospital MiramarAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away1901 Sw 172nd Ave Hollywood Florida 33029Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 538-4810
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.14 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 10.03 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Hialeah Artificial Kidney Center1.08 miles away8524 Nw 103rd St Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 827-0576
- Palmetto Artificial Kidney Center1.14 miles away7150 W 20th Ave Ste 109 Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 827-8399
- Bma - Hialeah1.19 miles away7170 W 20th Ave Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 27 (305) 825-2046
- South Florida Dialysis Center Corp2.25 miles away8057 Northwest 155 Street Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 698-2200
- Lakes Dialysis Center2.25 miles away7980 Nw 155 St 2nd Floor Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 817-8508
- Renovation of Life Dialysis Center2.8 miles away14505 Commerce Way #600 Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 362-8399
- Miami Lakes Artificial Kidney Ctr3.13 miles away14600 Nw 60th Ave Hialeah Florida 33014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (786) 639-0496
- Doral Kidney Center4.52 miles away7755 Nw 48th St #120 Miami Florida 33166Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 436-5279