With an address in Denver, Colorado, Villa Manor Care Center is one of 26 nursing homes this area. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-rated nursing homes we looked at. A score in this range requires high-end marks across the board. This facility proved to be one of the better facilities in Denver, which boasts a good selection of facilities. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Villa Manor Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
7950 West Mississippi Avenue,
Denver CO 80226
71.18% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care area. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Manor Care Center?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We looked at the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. This facility was awarded an above average long-term care grade in our assessment, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not nearly as dominant as several of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable rating in that category. In the category of long-term care, we assess the amount of services offered by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 95.33898 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Manor Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Manor Care Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Manor Care Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Manor Care Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Manor Care Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Manor Care Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Manor Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Manor Care Center, 84.62% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Manor Care Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Manor Care Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Manor Care Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Manor Care Center, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Manor Care Center, 76.2% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 25 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.71 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)0.21 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)1.5 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)2.19 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)3.31 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Mile High Pd (Dva)3.47 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)3.47 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)5.07 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.37 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107