Villa Health Care Center is in Riverside, California. The city offers a multitude of nursing home options. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a strong score. Based on our analysis, you could do much worse than this facility. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Villa Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
8965 Magnolia Avenue,
Riverside CA 92503
87.11% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality nursing home is it received a very impressive short-term care grade. Short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that area, we awarded this facility an A. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also performed well in inspections, which is based on its inspection reports. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for that category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa Health Care Center?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is long-term care, in which this facility received a grade of B. This facility proved to be relatively strong in all areas we analyzed. When facilities receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa Health Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa Health Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa Health Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care patients which experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa Health Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa Health Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa Health Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa Health Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa Health Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa Health Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa Health Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa Health Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa Health Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 2.33 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.89 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Van Buren Dialysis0.71 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central2.5 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home2.51 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Fmc-Riverside2.79 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis2.84 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside3.19 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.76 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center6.4 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700