Haven Health - Saguaro Valley is located in Tucson, Arizona. This city is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the country with has 880,383 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires quality scores in most areas. Even in a city featuring 16 other nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a fine choice. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Haven Health - Saguaro Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
6651 East Carondelet Drive,
Tucson AZ 85710
80.44% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Haven Health - Saguaro Valley?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B. It outperformed most facilities in this area. With our short-term care grade, we try to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to the last area, this facility was given a respectable nursing grade of C. There are quite a few subcategories within this category. Many of the criteria reflect nurse staffing. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Haven Health - Saguaro Valley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 3.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 74.57% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Haven Health - Saguaro Valley, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 15 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.38 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 2.53 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Banner-University Medical Center South CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away2800 East Ajo Way Tucson Arizona 85713Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-2000
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 11.19 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Tucson East Dialysis (Dva)0.51 miles away6420 E Broadway Blvd Ste c300 Tucson Arizona 85710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (520) 790-2775
- East Tucson (Fmc)1.37 miles away5555 E 5th St #155 Tucson Arizona 85711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 790-0461
- Swan Dialysis2.77 miles away1635 N Swan Road Tucson Arizona 85712Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 327-1125
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)4.89 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit5.63 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)6.18 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson South Central Dialysis (Dva)6.76 miles away2024 E Irvington Rd Tucson Arizona 85714CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (520) 573-0200
- Desert Dialysis Center South Tucson (Dci)7.1 miles away1011 E Pennsylvania St Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 25 (520) 806-0007