Villa at Florham Park, The is a small non-profit nursing home located in Florham Park, New Jersey. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is one of the best nursing homes we looked at. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the top 500 best nursing homes in the country. Keep reading to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Villa at Florham Park, The
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Villa at Florham Park, The has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This high end nursing home also dominated in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Only a small group of facilities fared better in this category. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Villa at Florham Park, The?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, this facility also received a first-rate long-term care rating, with a grade of A. This completed a very favorable report card. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Villa at Florham Park, The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Villa at Florham Park, The, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.61 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Saint Clare's Hospital/ Denville CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away25 Pocono Road Denville New Jersey 07834Proprietary(973) 983-5569
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 11.26 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Davita Renal Ctr Morristown1.66 miles away100 Madison Avenue 4th Floor Morristown New Jersey 07960CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 11 (973) 538-8201
- Fmc East Morris1.66 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave4.27 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Fmc Dial Assoc No Jersey Dc4.5 miles away2200 Route 10 West Suite 107 Parsippany New Jersey 07054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 267-2009
- Davita Parsippany Dialysis4.95 miles away900 Lanidex Plaza Suite 120 Parsippany New Jersey 07054Dialysis Stations: 10 (973) 739-7080
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC7.05 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange7.11 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fmc Kenvil8.27 miles away677 Route 46 Suite C Kenvil New Jersey 07847CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 252-1301