View Ridge Care Center is a small nursing home located in Everett, Washington. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is very favorable score. At the end of the day, this facility would be a great choice for just about anybody. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its nursing score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
View Ridge Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We looked at the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this area. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a dominant short-term care grade. In fact, this is its second best category grade. In that category, this facility received a grade of A. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about View Ridge Care Center?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be quite minor. Unfortunately, this nursing home was hit with a category L deficiency, which is not what we expected given its inspection rating. This category means inspectors identified a widespread deficiency placing patient health or safety in imminent danger. In spite of this major red flag, other aspects of this facility's inspection report gave us some hope.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B-. Although this is its least impressive category rating, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. Our long-term care grade is commonly used to assess a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinates 99.187 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
View Ridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In View Ridge Care Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In View Ridge Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In View Ridge Care Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In View Ridge Care Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In View Ridge Care Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In View Ridge Care Center, 13.74% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In View Ridge Care Center, 93.71% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In View Ridge Care Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In View Ridge Care Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In View Ridge Care Center, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In View Ridge Care Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In View Ridge Care Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In View Ridge Care Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Everett, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Everett, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Providence Regional Medical Center EverettAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away1321 Colby Avenue Everett Washington 98201Voluntary non-profit - Church(425) 261-2000
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Evergreenhealth MonroeAcute Care Hospitals 12.44 miles away14701 179th Se Monroe Washington 98272Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 794-7497
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.31 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Cascade Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.48 miles away330 S Stillaguamish Ave Arlington Washington 98223Government - Hospital District or Authority(360) 435-2133
- Everett Dialysis Center1.82 miles away8130 Evergreen Way Ste C Everett Washington 98203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (425) 353-6036
- Puget Sound Kidney Center1.94 miles away1005 Pacific Ave Everett Washington 98201Dialysis Stations: 25 (425) 259-5195
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis5.7 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Pilchuck Dialysis8.26 miles away1250 State Ave Marysville Washington 98270Dialysis Stations: 8 (360) 651-0780
- Puget Sound Kc South10.89 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center11 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Puget Sound Kidney Center - Monroe12.62 miles away18121 149th St Se Monroe Washington 98272Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 863-3313
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center13.51 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775