Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This facility received an overall rating of F. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 52 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care grade this year. We gave it a B- in that area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is generally a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that category. Nursing scores are largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home received just a D in that category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.02913 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F in this area. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This particular nursing home was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies found by the government inspectors had the potential to cause actual harm to residents. Finally, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed large government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This usually signifies that a nursing home's bad track record spanned more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 4.58% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 93.31% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victory Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6.18 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- East River Road Dialysis1.59 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita2.54 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.56 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita4.45 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley4.64 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton4.97 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit5.18 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Davita - New Hope5.42 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300