Victoria Post Acute Care is located in El Cajon, California. The city offers many nursing home options. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our more impressive grades. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Victoria Post Acute Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility excelled at short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is frequently a meaningful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Victoria Post Acute Care?
Tallying yet another strong category grade, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities fared better in this area. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victoria Post Acute Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that have had falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents that have had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Victoria Post Acute Care, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for El Cajon, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Cajon, California has 11 other nursing homes
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - ZionAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away4647 Zion Ave San Diego California 92120Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 528-5000
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 12.02 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away7901 Frost St San Diego California 92123Voluntary non-profit - Private(858) 939-3400
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.46 miles away751 Medical Center Court Chula Vista California 91911Proprietary(619) 502-5800
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Fmc-Balboa East County1.16 miles away570 N. Second Street El Cajon California 92021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 588-7500
- Fmc-Rai-Fletcher Parkway-El Cajon1.97 miles away858 Fletcher Parkway El Cajon California 92020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 442-4122
- Fmc-La Mesa Dialysis Center2.97 miles away5995 Severin Drive La Mesa California 91942CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 462-9992
- Davita-College Dialysis6.63 miles away6535 University Avenue San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 287-8796
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of College6.88 miles away5961 University Avenue Suite 317 San Diego California 92115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (619) 286-0821
- Fmc-Rai-Mission Gorge San Diego8.35 miles away7007 Mission Gorge Road, 1st Floor San Diego California 92120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (619) 229-1070
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise8.79 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872
- Fmc-East Lakes9.18 miles away2391 Boswell Road Chula Vista California 91914CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (619) 397-0939