Victoria Haven is one of just three nursing homes located in Norwood, Massachusetts. It looks like this nursing home is among the top nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it received the very best score. In fact, this facility made our top 500 list of the top facilities in the nation, which is an exclusive subset of nursing homes. If you scroll down, you will see this nursing home's category grades, which look to be equally impressive as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Norwood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Norwood, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Norwood, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Norwood, Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.82353 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Victoria Haven?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of of A+ for its short-term care grade. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is generally a fair measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Wrapping up this nursing home's impressive profile, we awarded this facility a score of A for our inspections rating. With this grade, the nursing home completes its straight A report card. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victoria Haven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victoria Haven, 2.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victoria Haven, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that have experienced falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victoria Haven, 7.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victoria Haven, 15.29% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victoria Haven, 16.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victoria Haven, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victoria Haven, 99.41% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victoria Haven, 19.67% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victoria Haven, 40.47% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Victoria Haven, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victoria Haven, 40.47% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victoria Haven, 6.8% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 1.35 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)1.94 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.08 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis8.52 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Wellesley Dialysis8.81 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)9.45 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner9.52 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center10.11 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC10.19 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791