With an address in Norwood, Massachusetts, Victoria Haven Nursing Facility is one of four available facilities in the area. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is the top rating that we offer. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. Finally, this is a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Victoria Haven Nursing Facility
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
137 Nichols Street,
Norwood MA 02062
69.03% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that category with an A+. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility fared very well in our long-term care rating. We awarded them a dominant grade of A+ in this category. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After considering the very impressive nursing hours provided by this facility, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98.7013 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. This combination proved to be effective as this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 1.57 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Victoria Haven Nursing Facility?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this nursing home was given a top-shelf score of A in our short-term care category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is more often than not a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. One reason for this facility's strong score in this category is that it provides more care with registered nurses to its residents than the average nursing home. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Massachusetts in this area with 66.3 percent of its patients returning home. At most facilities, less than half of their short-term residents ever return home.
In the last category we scored, this facility was given an impressive grade grade of A in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home topped off a straight A report card. When calculating our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provided 5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This was one of the more impressive totals we found. Furthermore, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. On top of offering high levels of nursing care, this nursing home also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at. With below 5 percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victoria Haven Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 6.42% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 3.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 19.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 1.96% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 91.59% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 19.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 19.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 10.96 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Victoria Haven Nursing Facility, 70.74% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Norwood, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Norwood, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 1.35 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Milton IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away199 Reedsdale Road Milton Massachusetts 02186Government - Federal(617) 696-4600
- Brigham and Women's Faulkner HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away1153 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 983-7000
- Carney HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124Proprietary(617) 506-2000
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)1.94 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC7.08 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis8.52 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Wellesley Dialysis8.81 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Boston Dialysis Center (Bma Boston)9.45 miles away2100 Dorchester Avenue 1 South Dorchester Center Massachusetts 02124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 298-2475
- Dci Brigham/Faulkner9.52 miles awayDci Brigham/Faulkner 1153 Centre Street, Belkin House Jamaica Plain Massachusetts 02130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 983-4470
- Brockton Regional Kidney Center10.11 miles away76 Campanelli Industrial Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (508) 427-5329
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC10.19 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791