Victoria Care Center is a small nursing home located in Baldwin Park, California. We awarded this nursing home an above average overall score of B+. As a matter of fact, this is actually the highest graded nursing home in Baldwin Park. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Victoria Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3541 Puente Avenue,
Baldwin Park CA 91706
84.48% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Baldwin Park, California Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Victoria Care Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our nursing grade includes a handful of datapoints, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility an acceptable grade of C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's least impressive area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is often a useful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Victoria Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Victoria Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Victoria Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have suffered falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Victoria Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Victoria Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Victoria Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Victoria Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Victoria Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Victoria Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Victoria Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is vital to residents' mental and physical health.
In Victoria Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Victoria Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Victoria Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Victoria Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Baldwin Park, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baldwin Park, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.54 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.31 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Advanced Dialysis Center0.62 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center0.88 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center0.95 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Queens Dialysis Unit, Inc.1.17 miles away1135 S. Sunset Avenue, Suite 103 West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 337-4245
- Fmc-Irwindale2.27 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- La Puente Dialysis Center, Inc.2.63 miles away14557 Temple Avenue La Puente California 91744CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 917-1719
- Citrus Dialysis Center3.58 miles away315 N. Third Avenue, Suite 104 Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (626) 331-0133
- Mohan Dialysis Center of Covina3.61 miles away158 W. College Street Covina California 91723CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 859-2522