Located in Katy, Texas, Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center is the lone facility we identified in the area. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. Based on our assessment, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Katy senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Katy, Texas Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. This is what you like to see in this important metric.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outpaced most facilities in this area. Short-term care grades are crucial for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of C. Nursing scores are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, we awarded this facility a D in long-term care. This was the nursing home's worst category grade. Of course, this grade hurt the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that sustained falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. However, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vibralife of Katy Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 4.84 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- Oakbend Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1705 Jackson St Richmond Texas 77469Government - Hospital District or Authority(281) 341-3000
- St Luke's Sugar Land HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away1317 Lake Pointe Parkway Sugar Land Texas 77478Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 637-7000
- Sugar Land Surgical Hospital LlpAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away16906 Southwest Freeway Sugar Land Texas 77479Physician(281) 243-1000
- Katy Cinco Ranch Dialysis0.2 miles away1265 Rock Canyon Road Katy Texas 77450Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 392-1616
- Fresenius Medical Care Katy1.03 miles away21755 Provincial Blvd Katy Texas 77450Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 492-3401
- Katy Dialysis Center1.83 miles away403 W. Grand Parkway South Suite T Katy Texas 77494CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 392-6063
- Pin Oak Dialysis2.41 miles away24968 Katy Ranch Rd Unit 500 Katy Texas 77494Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 574-4387
- Horizon Dialysis3.39 miles away2222 Greenhouse Rd Houston Texas 77084Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 829-5941
- Dunes Dialysis, LLC3.53 miles away2922 N Mason Rd. Suite 100 Katy Texas 77449Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 579-9057
- West Oaks Dialysis Center6.3 miles away14800 Westheimer Road Suite A Houston Texas 77082Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 752-5469
- Fresenius Medical Care Mission Bend7.99 miles away6886 Highway 6 South Houston Texas 77083Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 568-0440