Vi at the Glen is one of four nursing homes located in Glenview, Illinois. This is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in the city. This facility was also given impressive grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Vi at the Glen
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Glenview, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Glenview, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Glenview, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. There are a variety of datapoints within this grade. Most of these factors are tied to staffing levels. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at the Glen?
Short-term Care Quality
In the third area we looked at, this facility received elite marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our highest grades in that area with a of A+. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Continuing with its amazing performance, by receiving an A+ inspection rating, this nursing home finished off a perfect report card of straight A+'s. This inspection score is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Our inspection scores are based on several data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at the Glen Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at the Glen, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at the Glen, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at the Glen, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at the Glen, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at the Glen, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at the Glen, 30.45% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at the Glen, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at the Glen, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at the Glen, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Vi at the Glen, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at the Glen, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vi at the Glen, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vi at the Glen, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Glenview, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenview, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Glen Dialysis1.29 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles2.26 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center2.4 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.17 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.08 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston5.18 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis5.31 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.72 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014