Vi at the Glen is one of four nursing homes located in Glenview, Illinois. This is an A+ facility, which is our absolute highest rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in the city. This facility was also given impressive grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Vi at the Glen
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall grade, this facility received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Short-term care grades are critical for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing grades are primarily based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at the Glen?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our third category, this first-rate nursing home also dominated in the area of long-term care. In this area, we gave it a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also earned an A+ grade. This is as good as it gets in this important category. Furthermore, this nursing home is elite any way you want to slice it, as it earned a perfect report card with straight A+'s across the board. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at the Glen Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at the Glen, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at the Glen, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents who had falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at the Glen, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at the Glen, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at the Glen, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at the Glen, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at the Glen, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at the Glen, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at the Glen, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Vi at the Glen, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at the Glen, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vi at the Glen, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vi at the Glen, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Glenview, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenview, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.4 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Glen Dialysis1.29 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles2.26 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center2.4 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis3.17 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.08 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston5.18 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis5.31 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Des Plaines5.72 miles away1625 Oakton Pl Des Plaines Illinois 60018Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 795-0014