Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun is located in the large metropolitan area of Scottsdale, Arizona which has a total of 268,597 people. This facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the top three nursing homes in Arizona. Even in a city featuring 11 other nursing homes, this nursing home jumped off the page as a quality choice. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category ratings, which are just as strong as its overall score.
Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
22605 North 74th Street,
Scottsdale AZ 85255
77.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Scottsdale, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Scottsdale, Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this facility an A+ for our inspection category. Inspection grades are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care score, with an A. This completed a rare straight A profile. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 3.1% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 80.03% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vi at Silverstone, a Vi and Plaza Companies Commun, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 10 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.49 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.42 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 15.14 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)1.4 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)5.86 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)6.83 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)8.32 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)10.56 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)10.99 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Fmc North Mountain11.94 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Southwest Kidney Davita Dialysis Partners, LLC13.25 miles away13430 N Saguaro Blvd Bldg 3 Fountain Hills Arizona 85268Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 816-5973