Vi at Highlands Ranch is in the large metropolitan area of Littleton, Colorado. This turns out to be an A+ facility, which is our top rating. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as the number one rated facility in Colorado. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Vi at Highlands Ranch
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Littleton, Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given superb marks in the area of long-term care. For this reason, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A+. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at Highlands Ranch ?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we gave this facility a grade of A for its short-term care score. This is a superb rating. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In the last category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its nursing rating. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. Our nursing score is based on several components, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at Highlands Ranch Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term residents which experienced a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 3.81% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 84.99% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at Highlands Ranch , 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Littleton, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Littleton, Colorado has 7 other nursing homes
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.46 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Sky Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away10101 Ridgegate Parkway Lone Tree Colorado 80124Voluntary non-profit - Other(720) 225-1000
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.8 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Castle Rock Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.8 miles away2350 Meadows Blvd Castle Rock Colorado 80109Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 455-2500
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 11.7 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.41 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)2.09 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- Lonetree Dialysis (Dva)5.8 miles away9777 Pyramid Ct Ste 140 Englewood Colorado 80112Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 662-0466
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)7.35 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)7.58 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)8.36 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)8.59 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Southwest Denver Dialysis (Dva)8.6 miles away8601 W Cross Dr Suite c2 Littleton Colorado 80123Dialysis Stations: 8 (303) 933-2367
- Parker Dialysis (Dva)10.3 miles away10371 S Park Glenn Way Ste 180 Parker Colorado 80138Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 840-0541