Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. This city is one of the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has a population of 268,597 people. This nursing home proved to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires superb scores across the board. As a matter of fact, this is actually one of the three highest graded facilities in Scottsdale. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Scottsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Scottsdale, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
An additional reason we rated this facility so highly is that it was awarded an A+ long-term care score. This is just about as good as it gets in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to the final category, this facility also excelled in our nursing category. We awarded it an A for this area. This wrapped up truly elite report card. Our nursing score is based on many components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 6.12% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 7.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 1.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 13.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 13.07% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 13.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 12.99% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community, 97.75% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 7 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.23 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.49 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 13.75 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)2.66 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)6.09 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)6.5 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)6.79 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)9.02 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)11.05 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Fmc North Mountain11.74 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale11.95 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455