Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf is a very-large government-owned facility in Yountville, California. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the top facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are impeccable. Headlining this place's exemplary report card is its long-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
100 California Drive,
Yountville CA 94599
79.6% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. When facilities receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the elite level of care provided by nurses aids and other staff at this facility, we also were pleased by the nursing home's vaccination statistics. By way of example, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.09819 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. The last datapoint we looked at is its hospitalization rate. Here we found that this place had 2.35 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of licensure of those nurses. This place provides an incredible 4.7 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of care, this nursing home also excelled in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. With under 5 percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared as well as any place the state in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf?
We gave this nursing home an A- for inspections. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final area, this nursing home received a decent short-term care grade. Although this was not nearly as impressive as a few of its other scores, this is really not a bad grade. Short-term care grades are generally used to gauge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 15.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 4.32% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 96.21% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.77 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Napa Dialysis Center5.88 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Silverado Dialysis6.15 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Usrc Napa, LLC6.33 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis17.6 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fairfield Dialysis Center17.63 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Fmc Petaluma17.95 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Bma Santa Rosa18.83 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Rai Chadbourne18.97 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088