Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf is in Yountville, California. The city has 3,021 people. This proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the top ratings we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. You really can not do much better than this nursing home. This also wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in each of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ for nursing. When determining our nursing grades, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A+. Only a small group of nursing homes fared better in this area. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.07407 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. Adding to its high-end resume, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A- in that area. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is often a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. This finished off a straight A report card for this place. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.77 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Napa Dialysis Center5.88 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Silverado Dialysis6.15 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Usrc Napa, LLC6.33 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis17.6 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fairfield Dialysis Center17.63 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Fmc Petaluma17.95 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Bma Santa Rosa18.83 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Rai Chadbourne18.97 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088