Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf is in Yountville, California. The city has 3,021 people. This proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the top ratings we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. You really can not do much better than this nursing home. This also wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in each of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Yountville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.88018 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing grades are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a fine short-term care grade. This actually ended up being this facility's third best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Lastly, this facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A-. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in California to earn straight A's. Inspection ratings are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 4.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 2.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 9.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 7.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 1.57% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 98.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 15.31% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 8.81% of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 8.81% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Veterans Home of California - Yountville - Snf, 13.51% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.24 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.53 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.49 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.77 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Napa Dialysis Center5.88 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Silverado Dialysis6.15 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Usrc Napa, LLC6.33 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis17.6 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fairfield Dialysis Center17.63 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Fmc Petaluma17.95 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Bma Santa Rosa18.83 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Rai Chadbourne18.97 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088