Venetian Gardens is a nursing home in Loveland, Ohio, a city with a population of 53,267 people. This facility received an overall grade of C, which is a respectable grade. This nursing home has some things working in its favor. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second most favorable area turned out to be its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.65636 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Venetian Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only earned a D for its short-term care score, which is not an impressive grade. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Based on its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.3 percent of its patients returning home.
This nursing home's weakest area was nursing, which is the final area we looked at. For this category, we awarded this facility a D. Nursing scores are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Venetian Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Venetian Gardens, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Venetian Gardens, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Venetian Gardens, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who had urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Venetian Gardens, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Venetian Gardens, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Venetian Gardens, 20% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Venetian Gardens, 90.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Venetian Gardens, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Venetian Gardens, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Venetian Gardens, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Venetian Gardens, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Venetian Gardens, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Venetian Gardens, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Loveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Loveland, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.68 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 10.49 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.1 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 17.84 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.74 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Fmc-Milford LLC4.08 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690
- Davita - Clermont Inc4.62 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Davita Loveland Dialysis7.62 miles away8944 Columbia Rd Suite 6 Loveland Ohio 45140Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 583-5326
- Nxstage Cincinnati LLC7.68 miles away12065 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45249Dialysis Stations: 10 (513) 712-1300
- Fmc - Kings Mills9.69 miles away1992 King Avenue Kings Mills Ohio 45034Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 204-5555
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood9.92 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Dialysis Clinic Inc9.99 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Batavia Dialysis10.2 miles away4000 Golden Age Drive Batavia Ohio 45103Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 735-0700