Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care is one of six facilities located in Vancouver, Washington. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. Keep in mind that Vancouver received a city grade of B-, so should look at some other options in the city as well. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection ratings are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. Unfortunately, this nursing home received a category L deficiency, which was unexpected given its inspection rating. These are the most concerning deficiencies. This category means inspectors identified a widespread deficiency putting patient safety or health in immediate danger. Even a single serious deficiency of this nature should be taken seriously. In fact, it may even be worth doing more research into this deficiency and steps taken by the nursing home to prevent similar episodes in the future.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't perform terribly in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of C for that area, which happens to be among its more respectable scores. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing scores are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This place offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care, where this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel score here as well. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is obviously very concerning. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 96.94657 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that sustained urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 13.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 93.71% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vancouver Specialty and Rehab Care, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Vancouver, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Vancouver, Washington has 5 other nursing homes
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.65 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away2211 Ne 139th Street Vancouver Washington 98686Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 487-1000
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Vancouver Dialysis Center2.14 miles away9120 Ne Vancouver Mall Dr Suite 160 Vancouver Washington 98682CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (360) 891-5777
- Pnrs Ft Vancouver3.47 miles away312 Se Stonemill Dr Suite 150 Vancouver Washington 98684CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (360) 254-2323
- Rose City Dialysis LLC4.91 miles away7474 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97211Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 737-1020
- Fmc Maywood Park5.01 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Pnrs Salmon Creek5.25 miles away9105 Highway 99 Ste 102 Vancouver Washington 98665CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (360) 576-1350
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC5.95 miles away4905 Ne Martin Luther King Blvd Portland Oregon 97211CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 288-7020
- Oregon Kidney Center6.9 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Portland Mlk Dialysis7 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253