Valley Memorial Hospital Snf is located in Livermore, California, a city with a total of 83,763 people. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is ranked among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as the top nursing home in Livermore. As you can see below, this place performed equally well in our category ratings. We gave it a straight A report card!
Valley Memorial Hospital Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Oct 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
1111 E Stanley Boulevard,
Livermore CA 94550
25.76% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Valley Memorial Hospital Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Best Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Livermore, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Livermore, California Awards 2020
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 8.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Valley Memorial Hospital Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A. Not many facilities received a better grade in this area. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was given a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this grade, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A report card. The nursing rating considers a variety of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Valley Memorial Hospital Snf Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Valley Memorial Hospital Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Valley Memorial Hospital Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 5.39 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.54 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 13.61 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.93 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 18.81 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.35 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.74 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Livermore Dialysis Center2.83 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center8.14 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis13.49 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC13.56 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont13.62 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Union City Dialysis Center14.56 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Fmc Ardenwood15.97 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Hayward16.01 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743