Located in Denver, Colorado, Uptown Health Care Center is just one of 42 nursing homes located in the city. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite score. Based on the data we reviewed, you can not go wrong with this place. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Uptown Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also fared well in our long-term care category, where it received an impressive grade of A. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.560974 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score is mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Uptown Health Care Center?
This facility has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care. In this area, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B. Short-term care grades are meaningful for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Uptown Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Uptown Health Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Uptown Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Uptown Health Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients that had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Uptown Health Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Uptown Health Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Uptown Health Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Uptown Health Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Uptown Health Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Uptown Health Care Center, 19.26% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Uptown Health Care Center, 19.26 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)0.99 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)1.42 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.48 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.5 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)4.44 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)4.48 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.97 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.97 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111