Located in Denver, Colorado, Uptown Health Care Center is just one of 26 nursing homes located in the city. This turns out to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite score. Based on the data we reviewed, you can not go wrong with this place. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Uptown Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Denver senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also fared well in our long-term care category, where it received an impressive grade of A. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 92.95775 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. The nursing grade features many factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Uptown Health Care Center?
Tallying another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an impressive grade of A-. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this facility was given a very strong short-term care grade. We gave it a grade of B+ in that area, finishing off one of our more impressive profiles. Short-term care ratings are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Uptown Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Uptown Health Care Center, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Uptown Health Care Center, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients that had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Uptown Health Care Center, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Uptown Health Care Center, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Uptown Health Care Center, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Uptown Health Care Center, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Uptown Health Care Center, 84.62% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Uptown Health Care Center, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Uptown Health Care Center, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Uptown Health Care Center, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 25 other nursing homes
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.58 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.52 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)0.99 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)1.42 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)2.48 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.5 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)4.44 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)4.48 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946
- Mile High Pd (Dva)4.97 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)4.97 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111