Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is an A+ rated facility, which is the best rating that we offer. Indeed, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as the number one facility in Pittsburgh. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pittsburgh senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility also received nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are probably more meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 7.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu?
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end assessment, this nursing home also was given a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In our final area, this facility also was given an impressive nursing score, with an A. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. In computing our nursing scores, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as predictive indicators of the caliber of nursing care provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu, 74.7% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 26 other nursing homes
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Oakland0.26 miles away3260 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 30 (412) 647-3700
- Upmc Presbyterian - Renal Unit0.34 miles away200 Lothrop Street Renal Unit, 11th Flr, Suite f1141.2 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 647-3114
- Va Pittsburgh Healthcare System0.69 miles awayUniversity Drive C 7 East, Room 129 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15240Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 360-6181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers1.38 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shadyside1.46 miles away4925 Baum Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 20 (412) 687-2279
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Western Pennsylvania1.71 miles away5124 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 23 (412) 682-0205
- Davita Bloomfield - Pittsburgh1.72 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Suite C Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (412) 683-3212
- Davita Pittsburgh Home Modality Coe Pd1.72 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Building A Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 605-0415