Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This is an A+ rated facility, which is the best rating that we offer. We were not surprised to discover that this proved to be the best facility in Pittsburgh. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
300 Halket Street,
Pittsburgh PA 15213
78% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home received an A+ in the category of short-term care. In computing these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing score is based on many factors, however, the main one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong long-term care grade, with an A. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Upmc Magee-Womens Hospital Tcu, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pittsburgh, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has 28 other nursing homes
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 0.34 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 1.36 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.9 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Oakland0.26 miles away3260 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 30 (412) 647-3700
- Upmc Presbyterian - Renal Unit0.34 miles away200 Lothrop Street Renal Unit, 11th Flr, Suite f1141.2 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 12 (412) 647-3114
- Va Pittsburgh Healthcare System0.69 miles awayUniversity Drive C 7 East, Room 129 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15240Dialysis Stations: 14 (412) 360-6181
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Three Rivers1.38 miles away1401 Forbes Avenue, Suite 250 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 281-8233
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Shadyside1.46 miles away4925 Baum Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Dialysis Stations: 20 (412) 687-2279
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Western Pennsylvania1.71 miles away5124 Liberty Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 23 (412) 682-0205
- Davita Bloomfield - Pittsburgh1.72 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Suite C Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (412) 683-3212
- Davita Pittsburgh Home Modality Coe Pd1.72 miles away5171 Liberty Avenue, Building A Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Dialysis Stations: 6 (412) 605-0415