United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U is a very-small hospital-based nursing home in Binghamton, New York. This proved to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system takes top-notch scores across the board. We really can't say enough great things about this facility. This also wound up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all four of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U
- Nursing Home
Updated Aug 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are important for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 7.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was long-term care. Adding to its elite profile, this nursing home also excelled in this area. In fact, we gave it a of A in that area. For prospective residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the last category, this facility also was given an excellent nursing score, with an A. This completed an elusive straight A report card. When computing a facility's nursing grade, we weigh the amount of time nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In United Health Svs Hosp - Binghamton Hosp T C U, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- United Health Services Hospitals, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away10-42 Mitchell Avenue Binghamton New York 13903Voluntary non-profit - Private(607) 763-6000
- Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away169 Riverside Drive Binghamton New York 13905Voluntary non-profit - Private(607) 798-5111
- Greater Binghamton Health CenterPsychiatric 2.8 miles away425 Robinson St Binghamton New York 13901Government - Local(607) 724-1391
- Endless Mountains Health SystemsCritical Access Hospitals 17.99 miles away100 Hospital Drive Montrose Pennsylvania 18801Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 278-3801
- Barnes-Kasson County HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 18.89 miles away2872 Turnpike Street Susquehanna Pennsylvania 18847Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 853-3135
- Uhs Dialysis - Park Avenue0.12 miles away27 Park Avenue Binghamton New York 13903Dialysis Stations: 24 (607) 762-2225
- Uhs Dialysis - Pennsylvania Avenue0.18 miles away65 Pennsylvania Avenue Binghamton New York 13903CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (607) 762-2015
- Bridgewater Center for Dialysis1.05 miles away159 Front Street Binghamton New York 13905Dialysis Stations: 8 (607) 722-7225
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC4.18 miles away116 North Jensen Road Vestal New York 13850CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (607) 798-1916