Twilight Haven is a small non-profit facility in Fresno, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Fresno. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility earned a very good inspection report this year as well. For this reason, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a B+. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Twilight Haven?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next category, this facility also earned a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The next area we graded is nursing, in which this facility was given a B. This facility ended up being relatively strong in each area we assessed. There are a number of criteria within this grade. Most of these data points reflect levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Twilight Haven Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Twilight Haven, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Twilight Haven, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Twilight Haven, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who had UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Twilight Haven, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Twilight Haven, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Twilight Haven, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Twilight Haven, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Twilight Haven, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Twilight Haven, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Twilight Haven, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Twilight Haven, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Twilight Haven, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fresno, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Fresno, California has 19 other nursing homes
- Community Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away2823 Fresno Street Fresno California 93721Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 459-6000
- Saint Agnes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away1303 E Herndon Ave Fresno California 93710Voluntary non-profit - Church(559) 450-3000
- Clovis Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away2755 Herndon Ave Clovis California 93611Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 324-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FresnoAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away7300 North Fresno St Fresno California 93720Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 448-4500
- Valley Children's HospitalChildrens 11.69 miles away9300 Valley Childrens Place Madera California 93636Voluntary non-profit - Private(559) 353-5116
- Fmc Fresno Airport East2.91 miles away1899 North Helm Ave Suite 101 Fresno California 93727Dialysis Stations: 24 (559) 452-1480
- Community Dialysis Center3.1 miles away215 North Fresno Street Suite 150 Fresno California 93701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (559) 459-3901
- Ash Tree Dialysis3.34 miles away2666 North Grove Industrial Drive Suite 106 Fresno California 93727CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (559) 251-1919
- San Joaquin Valley Dialysis4.59 miles away3636 North First #144 Fresno California 93726CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (559) 221-6311
- Fmc North Fresno Dialysis7.54 miles away6737 N. Willow Bldg C Fresno California 93710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (559) 324-1070
- Davita Herndon Dialysis Center8.21 miles away560 E Herndon Ave, Ste 101 Fresno California 93720CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (559) 432-5278
- Community Dialysis Center - Clovis8.73 miles away501 North Medical Center Dr East, Suite 1100 Clovis California 93611Dialysis Stations: 12 (559) 324-4030
- Sanger Sequoia Dialysis Center8.9 miles away2517 Jensen Avenue Building B Sanger California 93657CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (559) 876-3852