Tustin Care Center is located in Tustin, California. This nursing home proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. This place seems to have some things working in its favor. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Tustin Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
1051 Bryan Avenue,
Tustin CA 92780
3.83% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Tustin Care Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Best Nursing Home in Tustin, California Awards 2020
Short-term Care Quality
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received a far better grade for short-term care than it received overall. In fact, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A-. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong grade in our nursing category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Tustin Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was long-term care. This nursing home's received an abysmal long-term care score where it received an F. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is better than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The final category we assessed was inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable government inspection reports in recent years. We gave it an F in this category. This dragged down this facility's overall grade quite a bit. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This particular facility had 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility also received a substantiated complaint in the last few years. There seem to be no shortage of reasons to pass on this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tustin Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tustin Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents who had falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tustin Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tustin Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tustin Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tustin Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tustin Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tustin Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tustin Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Some would argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Tustin Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tustin Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Chapman Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away2601 E Chapman Ave Orange California 92869Proprietary(714) 633-0011
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 7.91 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Fmc-Rai-East First Street-Tustin0.24 miles away535 E. First Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 730-1428
- Davita-Tustin Ranch Dialysis0.96 miles away721 W 1st Street Tustin California 92780Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 544-0079
- Fmc-South Orange County1.28 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana1.46 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850
- Davita-Tustin Dialysis Center1.92 miles away2090 N. Tustin Avenue, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 835-2450
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center3.25 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Satellite Healthcare Orange4.05 miles away1518 W. La Veta Avenue Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 285-9675
- Davita-Main Place Dialysis Center4.37 miles away146 South Main Street Orange California 92868CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 938-0870