Tuscany Gardens is located in Pataskala, Ohio. This nursing home is a well below average nursing home. A score in this range indicates we found a few red flags. As far as we can see, we would be very reluctant to recommend this facility. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
7400 Hazelton Etna Road Sw,
Pataskala OH 43062
90.81% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have a long list of severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more respectable category scores came in the area of short-term care. This proved to be its second best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. Our short-term care scores are likely more critical for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The key is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Tuscany Gardens?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. In calculating our nursing ratings, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, in which this facility was given a rock bottom score in this category also. Sadly, it received an abysmal F for this area, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated only 80.79096 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tuscany Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tuscany Gardens, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tuscany Gardens, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients which have sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tuscany Gardens, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tuscany Gardens, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tuscany Gardens, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tuscany Gardens, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tuscany Gardens, 90.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tuscany Gardens, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tuscany Gardens, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Tuscany Gardens, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tuscany Gardens, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tuscany Gardens, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tuscany Gardens, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Licking Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.88 miles away1320 West Main Street Newark Ohio 43055Voluntary non-profit - Private(220) 564-4000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 15.97 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.5 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 16.72 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 17.83 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 18.11 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.79 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Davita Pataskala Dialysis2.28 miles away642 East Broad Street Pataskala Ohio 43062Dialysis Stations: 8 (740) 964-1306
- Fmc Canal Winchester, LLC7.05 miles away1310 Hill Road North Suite 100 Pickerington Ohio 43147Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 751-8660
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis7.99 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East8.27 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC8.51 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC10.41 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Total Renal Care, Inc.10.86 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Fmc - Central Ohio East11.29 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202