Tudor Oaks Health Center is in Muskego, Wisconsin. This city has a population of 24,850 people. With an overall grade of B, this is a very respectable option. Based on our ratings, this facility has quite a bit going for it. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Tudor Oaks Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Muskego, Wisconsin Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Muskego, Wisconsin Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home performed even better in the area of inspections which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for this area, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores are tied to pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Tudor Oaks Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our more positive grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was given a grade of B- for long-term care, which is a respectable grade. In the category of long-term care, we focus more on the quantity of services provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 97.278915 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tudor Oaks Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 6.26% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 92.96% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tudor Oaks Health Center, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 9.65 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 10 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Waukesha Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away725 American Ave Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 928-1000
- Waukesha County Mental Health CtrPsychiatric 11.49 miles away1501 Airport Rd Waukesha Wisconsin 53188Government - Local(262) 548-7950
- Davita - South Ridge5.11 miles away7740 W Layton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (414) 281-1313
- Davita - Loomis Rd6.92 miles away4120 W Loomis Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 761-4920
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Ryan Road7.04 miles away9420 S 22nd St Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 761-8080
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest South8.17 miles away2600 W Howard Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 281-2704
- Fmc - Centre Point8.33 miles away11340 W Theodore Trecker Way Milwaukee Wisconsin 53214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 774-1244
- Davita - Oak Creek8.36 miles away8201 S Howell Ave, Suite 600 Oak Creek Wisconsin 53154Dialysis Stations: 12 (414) 762-3784
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch8.72 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714
- Davita - Bluemound9.42 miles away601 North 99th Street Suite 100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 755-6300