Trinity Terrace is a small facility located in Fort Worth, Texas. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-rated nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires very strong marks across the board. We really can not say enough great things about this nursing home. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Our nursing score is based on a variety of datapoints. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Terrace?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a fair measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we assessed was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B+. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Few facilities earned a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 83 percent of its residents. This is a few points below what we anticipated. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Terrace Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Terrace, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Terrace, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Terrace, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Terrace, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Terrace, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Terrace, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Terrace, 94.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Terrace, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Terrace, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Trinity Terrace, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Terrace, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Terrace, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Terrace, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.76 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 0.86 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 0.93 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 1.6 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Fort Worth0.83 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 100 Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (817) 877-5907
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Tarrant County0.83 miles away501 College Avenue Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (817) 877-1515
- Cook Childrens Medical Center Dialysis Unit0.83 miles away801 Seventh Ave Dodson Specialty Clinic 1st Floor Dialysis Unit Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 4 (682) 885-3944
- Texas Renal Ventures1.07 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Trinity Dialysis Center1.3 miles away1210 Alston Fort Worth Texas 76104CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (817) 338-1302
- Central Fort Worth Dialysis1.34 miles away1000 St. Louis Ave Ste 101 Fort Worth Texas 76104Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 810-0379
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth3.44 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside3.64 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043