Located in Steubenville, Ohio, Trinity Skilled Care Center is one of nine nursing homes in the area. This facility received a phenomenal overall rating of A. This proved to be in a different league than most of the nursing homes in Steubenville In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective patients with significant health conditions. As you will find below, this facility performed equally well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Trinity Skilled Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Steubenville, Ohio Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Steubenville, Ohio Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Ohio Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Steubenville, Ohio Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its dominant assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for its long-term care grade. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This nursing home knocked it out of the park in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Skilled Care Center?
This nursing home has had near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our final area, we awarded this facility an A for its nursing grade. This completed a very impressive profile. When calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident even once per day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Skilled Care Center Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Skilled Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Skilled Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Steubenville, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Steubenville, Ohio has 8 other nursing homes
- Weirton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.66 miles away601 Colliers Way Weirton West Virginia 26062Government - Local(304) 797-6000
- East Liverpool City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away425 West 5th Street East Liverpool Ohio 43920Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 385-7200
- East Ohio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away90 North Fourth Street Martins Ferry Ohio 43935Voluntary non-profit - Other(740) 633-4205
- Harrison Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.84 miles away951 East Market Street Cadiz Ohio 43907Voluntary non-profit - Private(740) 942-4631
- Davita Steubenville Home Training Center1.35 miles away1799 Sinclair Avenue Suite 2 Steubenville Ohio 43952Dialysis Stations: 6 (740) 346-2740
- Davita - Steubenville Dialysis1.51 miles away1799 Sinclair Avenue Suite 1 Steubenville Ohio 43953CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (740) 346-2840
- Dialysis Clinic Inc.2.67 miles away4227 Mall Drive Steubenville Ohio 43952Dialysis Stations: 12 (740) 266-6687
- Weirton Dialysis Center6.43 miles away100 Colliers Way Suite 1 Weirton West Virginia 26062Dialysis Stations: 17 (304) 748-7384
- Davita - Paris Dialysis6.74 miles away32 Steubenville Pike Burgettstown Pennsylvania 15021Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 729-3350
- Dci - East Liverpool18.6 miles away325 West 6th Street East Liverpool Ohio 43920CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (330) 382-0835