Trinity Regional Rehab Center is located in New Port Richey, Florida, a city with 115,083 people. This facility was given an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road score. New Port Richey received a city grade of B, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its remarkable inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Trinity Regional Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its impeccable government inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that area, with an A. This is a much better score than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Our inspection grades are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its second most favorable category score in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a C in this area, which is a decent grade. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.85535 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Regional Rehab Center?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a score of D. There are numerous subcategories within this category. Many of these datapoints relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst area was short-term care, which is the last area we looked at. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Short-term care grades are important for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its poor score in this area, we were not shocked to learn this facility provided far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Regional Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Regional Rehab Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for New Port Richey, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? New Port Richey, Florida has 6 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet PointAcute Care Hospitals 11.66 miles away14000 Fivay Rd Hudson Florida 34667Proprietary(727) 819-2929
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 16.03 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 17.57 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.28 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Physicians Dialysis Trinity1.64 miles away9332 State Road 54 Suite 306 New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 13 (727) 848-0106
- Davita Trinity Dialysis1.95 miles away2870 Bund Ave New Port Richey Florida 34655Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 372-7742
- Tarpon Springs Dialysis, LLC4.54 miles away41747 Us Highway 19 North Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 934-8774
- New Port Richey Kidney Center6.16 miles away7421 Ridge Road Port Richey Florida 34668CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (727) 846-8401
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater10.43 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Bayonet Point - Hudson Kidney Ctr11.85 miles away14144 Nephron Ln Hudson Florida 34667Dialysis Stations: 16 (727) 863-5459
- Physicians Dialysis - Hudson11.92 miles away14153 Yosemite Dr Ste 102 Hudson Florida 34667Dialysis Stations: 8 (727) 862-0603
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis12.45 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864