Trinity Medical Center - West is a facility located in Rock Island, Illinois, which has 39,116 people. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility, which is the highest score we offer. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the top 10 nursing homes in Illinois. This also worked out to be a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Trinity Medical Center - West
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Trinity Medical Center - West has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A+. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Medical Center - West?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. We assessed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in computing our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, this nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care rating, with an A. This topped off an elite profile. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Medical Center - West Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Medical Center - West, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Medical Center - West, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Trinity Rock IslandAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away2701 17th St Rock Island Illinois 61201Voluntary non-profit - Other(309) 779-5000
- Genesis Medical Center-DavenportAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1227 East Rusholme Street Davenport Iowa 52803Voluntary non-profit - Private(563) 421-1000
- Trinity BettendorfAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away4500 Utica Ridge Road Bettendorf Iowa 52722Voluntary non-profit - Private(563) 742-5000
- Genesis Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away801 Illini Dr Silvis Illinois 61282Government - Local(309) 281-4000
- Fmc - Quad Cities0.16 miles away2623 17th Street Rock Island Illinois 61201Dialysis Stations: 19 (309) 786-1400
- Fmc - Quad Cities2.19 miles away400 John Deere Rd. Moline Illinois 61265CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (309) 762-5570
- Fmc - Davenport3.92 miles away120 W. Locust St. Davenport Iowa 52803Dialysis Stations: 19 (563) 323-3300
- e.A. Motto Dialysis4.28 miles away1228 E Rusholme St #1000 Davenport Iowa 52803CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (563) 322-0101
- Davita - Moline Home Training5.21 miles away4650 38th Ave Moline Illinois 61265Dialysis Stations: 2 (309) 736-4260
- Fmc - Bettendorf6.4 miles away4480 Utica Ridge Road Suite 1130 Bettendorf Iowa 52722Dialysis Stations: 9 (563) 344-9977
- Green Country Dialysis7.07 miles away5250 Utica Ridge Rd Davenport Iowa 52807Dialysis Stations: 12 (563) 355-7913
- Fmc - Quad Cities Kidney Center Silvis, LLC8.03 miles away880 Crosstown Ave. Silvis Illinois 61282CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (309) 792-3517