Trinity Elms Health & Rehab is a senior living facility located in Clemmons, North Carolina, which has a total of 25,461 people. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good nursing home. Based on our analysis, this facility has quite a bit going for it. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Trinity Elms Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clemmons senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Stroke Recovery
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category grades came in the category of long-term care. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a grade of B+. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 91.69675 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is somewhat lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Trinity Elms Health & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable category ended up being its short-term care grade, where it was given a B-. Short-term care grades are commonly used to gauge a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
The next category we assessed is nursing, where this facility received a grade of B-. This proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. This is still not a terrible score. The nursing score consists of a handful of factors, however, the main one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. While this place did not have as many nursing hours per resident as many other facilities we assessed, it was still better than average in the area of avoiding falls. This is typically an indicator of how carefully a nursing home's nursing staff is tending to its residents. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trinity Elms Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 6.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 4.01% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 15.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 17.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 95.21% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 19.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 26.54% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 26.54% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 10.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trinity Elms Health & Rehab, 67.55% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.95 miles away3333 Silas Creek Parkway Winston Salem North Carolina 27103Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 718-5000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Lexington Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.6 miles away250 Hospital Drive PO Box 1817 Lexington North Carolina 27293Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 248-5161
- Novant Health Thomasville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.97 miles away207 Old Lexington Rd Box 789 Thomasville North Carolina 27360Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 472-2000
- Miller Street Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University8 miles away120 Miller St Winston Salem North Carolina 27103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (336) 724-0468
- Wfu Baptist Medical Center Dialysis Unit8.85 miles away8 N Hemodialysis Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem North Carolina 27157Dialysis Stations: 4 (336) 716-3170
- Piedmont Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University9.93 miles away655 Cotton Street Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 58 (336) 721-1360
- Salem Kidney Center of Wake Forest University12.47 miles away2705 Boulder Park Court Winston Salem North Carolina 27101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 761-8808
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University13.01 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Northside Dialysis Center of Wake Forest Univerisity13.77 miles away500 West Hanes Mill Road Winston Salem North Carolina 27105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (336) 744-0577
- Yadkin Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.5 miles away225 Washington Street Yadkinville North Carolina 27055Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 677-1182
- Lexington Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.63 miles away233 Anna Lewis Drive Lexington North Carolina 27292CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (336) 248-6808