Treyton Oak Towers is a small facility in Louisville, Kentucky. This is a strong facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to learn that many of the other nursing homes in Louisville received similar scores. Even in a city featuring 23 other nursing homes, this nursing home stands out as a quality selection. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Treyton Oak Towers
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
211 West Oak Street,
Louisville KY 40203
77% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home received even higher grades for short-term care. It received one of our highest grades in that area with an A. In computing our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is generally a reliable measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Treyton Oak Towers?
This facility also received impressive inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C. This actually proved to be this facility's weakest area. This is still not the end of the world. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 91.78082 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Treyton Oak Towers Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Treyton Oak Towers, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Treyton Oak Towers, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term patients that sustained a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Treyton Oak Towers, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Treyton Oak Towers, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Treyton Oak Towers, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Treyton Oak Towers, 8.23% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Treyton Oak Towers, 89.41% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Treyton Oak Towers, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Treyton Oak Towers, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Treyton Oak Towers, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Treyton Oak Towers, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Treyton Oak Towers, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Treyton Oak Towers, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 0.99 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.16 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.01 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 9.21 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street0.87 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis0.89 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059
- American Home Dialysis1.09 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338
- University of Louisville Dialysis Center, LLC1.17 miles away614 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 31 (502) 589-5997
- Fmc - Louisville1.49 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Fmc - West Louisville2.11 miles away2600 West Broadway Suite 112 Louisville Kentucky 40211Dialysis Stations: 18 (502) 772-7363
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon2.21 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- Davita Portland Dialysis2.72 miles away2118 Portland Ave Louisville Kentucky 40212Dialysis Stations: 13 (502) 776-4371