Trellis Chino is a small nursing home in Chino, California. Sporting an overall score of B, this appears to be a good facility. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
5454 Walnut Avenue,
Chino CA 91710
102.37% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received high scores in the category of short-term care as well. As a result, we gave it one of our most elite scores in that category with a area of A-. Our short-term care scores are important for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Remarkably, this facility provides its patients at least one and a half times as many physical therapist hours per week than a typical nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in the country in this area with 65.4 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Trellis Chino?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area is its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. Long-term care grades focus on a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final area we rated was nursing. This facility received a grade of B- for the area. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. Based on the CMS data, this nursing home offers 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed admirably in this metric. Avoiding major falls is usually a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be prevented if a facility offers enough nurses to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Trellis Chino Quality Metrics
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Trellis Chino, 96.21% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Trellis Chino, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Trellis Chino, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.01 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.02 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.72 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Davita-Chino Dialysis1.36 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.64 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis3.12 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis3.29 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.4.15 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Ontario Mills Dialysis4.3 miles away2403 S Vineyard Ave Suite D Ontario California 91761Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 923-3850
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center4.32 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Ontario4.42 miles away2295 South Vineyard Avenue Ontario California 91761Dialysis Stations: 3 (909) 724-3039