Tranquility Nursing and Rehab is located in the large metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana which has a population of 910,148 people. With an overall grade of A-, we found this nursing home to be ranked among the top five facilities in the city. Overall grades in this range are a good indicator of top-shelf nursing home. Even in a city featuring 24 other nursing homes, this nursing home would be a great option. As you will see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category grades. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Tranquility Nursing and Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Tranquility Nursing and Rehab has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its dominant accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care rating. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On the whole this looks like a good option for long-term care.
Does this page answer your questions about Tranquility Nursing and Rehab?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. There are quite a few subcategories included in this area. Many of the factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. This finished off a very impressive profile. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.15 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 4.5 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Davita Fall Creek0.35 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Fmc-Indianapolis Midtown1.09 miles away3007 Dr Andrew J Brown Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 924-8104
- Fmc - Indianapolis1.43 miles away2480 North Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (317) 923-4520
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis1.94 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Fmc - Circle City2.56 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis3.5 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy3.55 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729
- Dci - Indianapolis3.7 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005